Wonders of working with remote development teams
Here are you — a dev, an HR or a product owner — sitting next to the computer screen. In the room, you are on your own and only the tapping of your keyboard can be heard. On the opposite part of the world/country/city, there are your teammates, also all by themselves. However, although you are so far away from each other, you share the common goal which makes you united — even if it’s a short-term collaboration. Alone together — a phrase that describes the remote working relationships in the best way.
Remote is a new black today, in the times of crisis. Those industries that couldn’t bring their work to the Internet suffer from losses of income. If you are lucky enough, chances are — you already brought your work online. But why does the remote team make you lucky?
1) You have access to global talents as you are not limited by your area of residence.
2) You can hire people according to the qualification you need for your project. Often, in your city devs may not specialize in what you require.
3) You can collaborate with devs from different countries and their hourly rate will differ, which makes it easier to choose a team according to your budget.
4) You save money because there is no need to spend money on office maintenance and other related issues.
5) People spend less time getting ready and commuting if they work from home. That makes them more focused on their work.
Today, because of the quarantine, even those companies that managed in-house teams were forced to go digital and reorganize their people to work distantly. However, chances are — there is a tendency for the number of remote teams to increase. It is more convenient for many as they feel better managing their professional and personal lives at home. Also, social distancing will be a thing for a year or two.