So many people, so many minds, so many apps!
The usual day of the average person in 2020
- 7:00. Good morning! Wake up with Alarmy app;
- 7:30. Have breakfast with Carb Manager app – the one that counts calories;
- 7:40. Check traffic jams in Google Maps to be in time for work;
- 8:30. Organize your work with Trello. Plan your day with Google Calendar. Communicate with teammates in Slack;
- 13:00. Order lunch in Uber Eats;
- 16:30. Free time! Check Instagram, Facebook, and Youtube;
- 18:00. Watching movies on Netflix;
- 19:30. Order a present for mum on eBay;
- 22:00. Let Sleep Cycle app monitor your sleeping activities. Goodnight!
Play Market and Apple Store back up our everyday tasks with all kinds of tools. There’s everything. From teaching English and improving memory, to playing arcades and planning your budget. And it all fits in one hand. Wondering why bring your eCommerce business on smartphone screens? Because it’s a lifestyle of your users.
A big shop on a small phone. Why investing in a mobile app for e-commerce?
Some customers prefer searching for products using computers. Others hate the Internet and shop the old way. Habits make a difference. As for the Millennials, they mostly have no time. So they prefer one-click purchases on mobile apps. This generation is replacing all others in the retail economy. Live online = buy online. Millennials make purchases as they walk and eat, holding the smartphone in one hand and fork in another. Because you cannot do it with the computer. Smartphones are convenient. The whole world onto itself.
Why people prefer apps to websites?
- It’s convenient. You have the app on the menu of your phone. Just tap!
- It’s fast. The app stores data in your smartphone’s server. The apps don’t automatically log you out as it happens sometimes with the websites. They even allow you to log in by fingerprint or face ID. Time-saviors.
- It’s rewarding. The users state that bonuses, discounts, and privileges are one of the main reasons they use the app. This marketing strategy works!
- It’s personalized. Because your phone is always with you. Logically, it stores more info about you than your computer. The recommendations become better the more data you give away. It doesn’t mean you should share your data uncontrollably. It also doesn’t mean you have to throw your phone in the river and go living in the mountains. Mostly, apps ask for permission for specific data retrieval. With it, they personalize and show only relevant info.
- It’s offline. The most recently downloaded info will be available.
- It’s synchronization-friendly. The usage of the camera can create a new online dressing room with AR. GPS helps to find the nearest shops.
All this attracts the users and creates brand loyalty. Also, with mobile apps, you can improve your marketing strategies. The costs invested in eCommerce mobile app development have high chances to go well. If these reasons are not enough, well, then it’s time to strike you by the last persuasive stroke. The number of users of such mobile apps like Amazon exceeds 100 million. Pretty large target audience, don’t you think?
The Fantastic Four of eCommerce mobile apps
Amazon (100 000 000+ installs on Play Market)
Just as you launch the app, it immediately shows you the Deal of the Day. In our case, it was an Ultra HD Sony TV-set with a 19% discount. As you keep scrolling, it shows you the Popular deals, Deals recommended for you, and Best Sellers. There are photos and voice recognition. On the menu, you have access to Home, Your Orders, Your Lists, Your Account, and Customer Service.