Best Existing Tools to Build a Progressive Web App
Page loading speed, user-friendliness, design, comfortable and intuitive interface are the crucial factors that make the UX one of the most effort-intense aspects in global web development.
At the same time, companies striving for continuous development should take into account the popularization of mobile resources that are gradually crowding out desktop sites. And this is where progressive web app development comes in more than handy, combining the strengths of both software engineering realms.
What areProgressive Web Applications (PWA)?
PWA is an innovative type of multipurpose applications introduced in 2015 by Google, initially available only for Android and reaching iOS only by 2018. The main goal was to take the best from both hardware and web capabilities, enhancing the mobility of company websites.
The progressive web app technologies enable websites to act as independent software that only looks as though a regular web page on the surface. Such solutions can perform offline, updating the content every time the Internet connection is granted and can be launched via the desktop icon.
Progressive Web Apps VS Traditional Ones: Common Differences, Benefits
Let’s take a detailed look at the progressive web app pros and cons.
Thus, the major PWA pros include:
- cross-platform nature – PWAs work on any platform, via any browser without limitations in compatibility
- access outside of browser – users can launch PWAs in one click or tap;
- offline performance – PWAs can be launched offline with all the changes and manipulations being synchronized and updated upon the connection to the web;
- push-notifications – these solutions can efficiently notify users about special offers, discounts, and sales with customizable push-notifications;
- SEO effects – PWAs are better for your SEO, being faster and smoother in performance than regular websites and, as a result, attracting more users and clicks;
- better conversion – once again, the speed of loading, smoothness of performance, and other extensive capabilities attract users better and help acquire a truly loyal audience of potential customers.